[OWBN-Council] [Proposal] [Bylaws] [Autopass] Magic in the Movement 2022 Packet and Bylaw Updates
THIS PROPOSAL HAS THE POTENTIAL TO AUTO-PASS
This proposal is made in accordance with the Coordinator Bylaws, section 3.C. (Subsections ii. and iii.):
3. Coordinator Duties
C. Genre Coordinators
iii. Genre Coordinators must pass before Council any plot, enforced policy, R&U named characters, or binding edict they wish to use which they can reasonably expect to affect multiple chronicles and these proposals need not be seconded, but go immediately into discussion.
1. If no opposition is voiced during the week of discussion, the proposal is considered passed and enforceable. Once passed these are considered binding to all chronicles and a chronicles refusal to adhere is grounds for OWBN disciplinary measures. Opposition must be in regards to the content of the proposal and must give those reasons why the objection is voiced. This is to allow Coordinator's the opportunity to respond and/or make changes/remove the proposal and its contents.
I, Marion Birdsell, as Anarch Coordinator, hereby propose the new Magic in the Movement packet and the following changes to the Character Bylaws:
2022 Magic in the Movement Packet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sJgjP09Az7cj-07KnXca2aEw3PFnw-Tj/view?u...
I also split the ‘Curses’ section of the existing 2018 version of Magic in the Movement into its own packet.
2018 Curses Packet:
Reasoning: This is being done in anticipation of an updated Curses packet in the future. As of this time nothing has been changed.
Bylaw Change 1:
Background: Mentor: Digital Draculas 1 - 5 - PC: Coordinator Approval - NPC: Coordinator Approval - Coordinator: Anarch
Available to Hacktivist Members only
Background: Wave Mentor 1-5 - PC: Coordinator Approval - NPC: Coordinator Approval - Coordinator: Anarch
Available to Anarchs with Anarch Magic only
Reasoning: Hacktivists are already required to purchase the Digital Draculas as Mentor upon approval. This gives members of the other Waves the same option. In addition, those PCs who already have the Background ‘Mentor’ could potentially purchase this Background without compromising their current Mentor. Also, by defining the npc’s as ‘Wave Mentors’ a distinction is made between what these npc’s will agree to and what Mentors as defined in the source material will do. (ie, they will not take part in or provide assistance for a chronicle’s local plots.)
Legacy Exemption: None. This bylaw change affects Hacktivist pcs. They will be required to replace the Background ‘Mentor: Digital Draculas’ on their sheet to ‘Wave Mentor: Digital Draculas’
Bylaw Change 2:
The addition of bylaw 10.m.viii.4
Discipline: Anarch Sorcery Combination Disciplines: - PC: Coordinator Approval - NPC: Coordinator Approval - Coordinator: Anarch
Breach the Veils
Cleanse the Blight
Harshing the Vibe
Purity of Body and Mind
Turn the Other Cheek
Touch me Twice, Shame on You!
Decay the Adversary’s Boon
Decay the Fates
(Renumber existing 4-85 as 5-86).
Reasoning: These combination disciplines are intended to expand the dynamic nature of Anarch Magic.
Legacy Exemption: None. This bylaw affects no pcs.
Here are the other changes from the 2018 packet:
- Changed 3 R2 paths to R1 in Old Skool in order to bring more in line with other Waves.
- Added the purchase of the Merit Spirit Mentor to Old Skool requirements.
- Changed out “Extinguish” for “Dante’s Urban Legend” in Punk specific rituals to fix an oversight in the original packet.
- Set a Rarity for Paths and Rituals not already listed in this packet
- Updated the Approval/Notify/Disallow page
- Fixed a handful of typos.