2018 - Giovanni - Shawn Carroll
Introduction and Background:
Good evening, my name is Shawn Carroll and I am running for Giovanni coordinator. I started playing with One World by Night in 1994. I have been a storyteller for Chicago vampire games (ChiReq, Chi: Dark City, and CDR) on three seperate occasions( 95-97, 00-02, 2014-2016). I served on council in the early days of the org, setting up the first listservs and websites. I helped draft the early bylaws and charter.
I am a life long gamer, I was introduced to RPGs via the D&D red box and I was hooked, I played Vampire in college and from there I was introduced to LARP. I played Giovanni and fell in love with La Famiglia. I helped organize and run several family gatherings in the MidWest. I want to help players by ensuring they have their issues listened to and problems resolved in a timely fashion.
Introduction and Background (Portuguese):
As I stated above, I was a storyteller for Chicago in 1995-1997, 2000-2002, and 2014-2016. I served on the Council from 1995 to 2002 in various compacities such as technical advisor, CDR council Member, and on the team drafting the initial ByLaws and charter. Professionaly I have managed international teams of software developers, responsible for the work of my teammates, and resolving conflicts. I've worked in large international firms and small local companies, as a member of the team and as a team team leader.
Administrative Experience (Portuguese):
Como eu disse acima, eu era um contador de histórias para Chicago em 1995-1997, 2000-2002 e 2014-2016. Eu atuei no Conselho de 1995 a 2002 em várias competências, como consultor técnico, membro do conselho do CDR, e no time que elaborou os Estatutos iniciais e a carta patente. Profissionalmente, eu gerenciei equipes internacionais de desenvolvedores de software, responsáveis pelo trabalho de meus colegas de equipe e resolvendo conflitos. Trabalhei em grandes empresas internacionais e pequenas empresas locais, como membro da equipe e como líder da equipe equipe.
I know that there are many ways to enjoy playing a Giovanni and I want to empower the players to enjoy the game thier way. I feel that is what a coordinator should strive to do. The should be a resource for players, storytellers and other coordinators to ensure the entertainment of the player base.
I have a long time love and respect for the Giovanni Genre. I want to share my passion for La Famiglia with the organization and it's players.
Personal Statement (Portuguese):
If I am elected I will:
- Spend time reading everything the current coord team has produced,
- Work with the current coordinator to ensure that there is a smooth transition, a whiplash of opinions helps no one
- Talk with players to ensure that I understood where things have been and where they're going
- Spend enough time on the council list to ensure that Giovanni interests are attended to and not get dragged into things not invovling this office
- Update the Genre packet to reflect updates in both OWbN plot and WW published materials.
- Refresh the Necromancy packet to bring it up to date.
- Passe o tempo lendo tudo o que a equipe atual atuou,
- Trabalhe com o coordenador atual para garantir que haja uma transição suave, um acúmulo de opiniões não ajuda ninguém
- Fale com os jogadores para garantir que eu entendi onde as coisas foram e para onde eles estão indo
- Gaste tempo suficiente na lista do conselho para assegurar que os interesses de Giovanni sejam atendidos e não sejam arrastados para coisas que não envolvam este escritório
- Atualize o pacote de gênero para refletir as atualizações em ambos os trabalhos do OWbN e WW publicados.
- Atualize o pacote Necromancy para atualizá-lo.